ABOUT OMNI AMELIA ISLAND PLANTATION RESORT
Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort is nestled on 1,350 acres at the tip of a barrier island just off the Northeast Florida coast. Enjoy luxurious oceanfront accommodations, world-class resort pools, championship golf, a full-service spa, endless dining options, and family-friendly activities.
- Removed existing roof tile system and re-nailed existing roof deck to current code.
- Installed new aluminum metal flashings, new lead pipe stacks, wakaflex head flashings and hip/ridge nailers.
- Installed new Monier LifeTile Barcelona 900 in Vermont Green fastened with two stainless steel tile screws, set in foam application, with one tile clip at first course of tile.
- Set up a Fraco mast climbing platform 100’ gas powered, 24 horsepower, 4-ton mast climber to transport debris removal hoist, and daily material loader to the roof.
- Set up a stair tower with attached trash chute to transport personnel to the roof and remove debris from roof service. Safety staging on 6:12 slope deck, 95’ high with 80’ horizontal reach.
- Selecting & building a remote, fully secured, out of guest sight permanent staging area(s).
- Creating specific & strictly enforced ground transport route/pathway for equipment to move debris and materials from work areas to remote staging areas.
- The use of specific equipment was challenging to allow access through highly restricted areas to access work staging/platform areas, (under the hotel through a golf cart path to access the rear of the hotel).
- Operating on a daily basis and not disrupt the daily activities of guests.
|Operating Unit:||Tecta America Southeast - Sanford|
|Client:||Omni Hotels & Resorts|
|Project Type:||Roof Replacement|
|Location:||Amelia Island, FL|