TectaGreen: the nations green
Tecta Solar is a single source provider, meaning the solar process for our customers is simple. Beginning with our free solar analysis, Tecta will be the single point of contact and responsible for each aspect of the solar development and implementation process.
Tecta Solar has the experience and understanding to deliver solar solutions that complement rather than compromise roof-tops. We design our systems to account for the structural and design restrictions of the roof and apply thin-film or crystalline solutions with minimal to no penetrations. If the roof needs to be repaired or replaced prior to solar installation, Tecta has the expertise to perform these services in house. No other turnkey Solar Developer can provide both roofing and solar installation.
Determine Site Capacity
Physical area considered for solar
- Roof age / conditions
- Roof warranty and insurer requirements
- Soil conditions
- Drainage considerations
- Zoning and permitted use, FAR, permeability
- Shading, setbacks, easements, ROWs, access
- Building & electrical
- Special (FERC, FAA, etc.)
- Solar production based incentives
- Solar renewable energy credits
- Tax abatements
Feasibility Analysis and Customer Considerations
- How much should it cost & when do we pay?
- How much benefit comes out and when?
- Constraints and limits
Solar PV power plants involve a large capital investment that can be offset by a complex combination of federal, state and utility incentives. Maximizing these incentives is critical to a successful project. Tecta Solar is constantly monitoring the ever-changing political landscape so that we can maximize these benefits. Today, we offer PPA, prepay-PPA, Tax Lease, Tax-Exempt Capital Lease, and traditional loan financing solutions. We have a stable of equity and debt partners that know and trust Tecta Solar. This results in greater flexibility and superior pricing to our clients.
- Detailed analysis of incentives and current market prices
- Timing of cash flow
- Risk mitigation
Tax efficient ownership
- Define customers tax position
- Review credit of customer
- Assess and leverage alternatives
Select solar option
- Cash purchase
- Power Purchase Agreement (PPA)
- Tax Lease options
- Equipment lease options
Build cash flow models and project proforma
- Revenue from electricity and incentives
- Operating expenses including O&M, property taxes, etc.
- Model typical tax treatment
The Tecta Solar team has designed and installed over 80 large solar electric systems, ranging in size from less than 100 kW to 20 MW. Tecta Solar has NABCEP Certified solar PV Installers and an experienced solar energy development team, the team can assure clients of optimal system design tailored to their specific location and power needs.
- Concept design
- Metering limits
- Select best technology for location
- Value engineering
Tecta Solar is technology agnostic; we are not tied to a specific technology type or brand. This enables us to propose the best solution for each project rather than proposing a specific brand due to an exclusive corporate affiliation. We evaluate each project based on the site, the customer, and the owner. Tecta America has unlimited construction bonding capacity provided by its bonding agent Safeco, a business unit of Liberty Mutual Group, which has financial strength ratings of A (Excellent) from the A.M. Best Company, A2 from Moody’s Investors Service, and A- from Standard & Poor’s.
- Other solar components
- Roofing materials
Tecta America is one of the largest specialist construction companies in the US, with over 2,500 employees, construction licenses # states, 50 construction locations. Our experience in roofing melds well to the needs of solar.
- Project scheduling and execution
- Site preparation
- Interconnection upgrades
Proper Operations and Maintenance of the solar system is vital to proper performance; the energy production is the sole source of revenue once it is installed. Unlike many solar companies, Tecta operating units have been in business for, on average, over 60 years. Tecta has performed under 20 year roofing and maintenance contracts and will be in business to perform under similarly long-term solar Operations and Maintenance Contracts. We recognize the value of a properly maintained solar asset, and encourage every customer to enter into an O&M contract with Tecta.
- Site Visits: Bi-annual and as necessary as determined by Operator.
- System testing (string voltage/amperage)
- System visual inspection
- Routine system maintenance to include correction of loose electrical connections, ground connections, identification of defective modules found during testing, minor maintenance repair work.
- Routine data acquisition system maintenance
- Annual cleaning of System by water hose.
- Maintain and test meters and related performance monitoring equipment
- Daily remote monitoring
- Grants, tax credits, etc. processing and compliance
- SRECs –Tecta is an active trader of SRECs and assists customers in placing Solar Renewable Energy Credits (SRECs)
- Utility advocacy and contact
- Retention and maintenance of O&M manuals provided by manufacturers and EPC contractor
- Management of long term service and warranty agreements
- Management of Operator’s insurance policies and claims
- Troubleshooting and repairs
- Dispatch of maintenance labor
- Technical support line (8 a.m.- 5 p.m. local time Monday – Friday)
- Online access to production and output data
- Detailed electricity and environmental attribute reports