Winter is Here
- December 26, 2017
- Posted by: Tecta America
- Category: Tecta News
Protect Your Roof from Snow Damage
Snow removal is a critical part of commercial roofing maintenance
Proper preparation of your roof is critical at any time, but the winter months raise even more concern. If a roof collapses under heavy snow, you’ll risk building damage, productivity loss or worse, an injury to an employee.
Major issues to be considered:
- What is the current snow load on your building? With a big storm, roof weights can become a serious issue.
- Are you continuously draining your roof? Snow storms and thawing make it critical that you clear all gutters and drains.
- Has the ice been falling? When ice forms on gutters and overhangs, there can be serious issues for anyone working at or visiting your facility
- Has snow packed around the building? Avoid moisture problems by keeping snow build-up away from outside walls.
- Is the roof leaking? Leaks can happen in unusual places, have you checked potential sources?
Stay on Track and in Business
Tecta America has the expertise to properly evaluate and execute a plan to take care of your winter roofing needs. Connect with us and figure out your best plan to keep snow off your roof.